This client bought a resale home that was lovingly kept but very traditional compared to their youthful taste. They wanted a comfortable and cosy feel reflected in a more contemporary approach.
The client wanted to:
- Remove the railings to provide a more open concept
- Remove the wallpaper, chair rails and traditional drapery treatments
- Change the look and feel to more contemporary
- The railings, wallpaper, chair rails and drapery treatments were removed and necessary repairs completed.
- The floral fabric was sourced, reflecting the client’s love of blues and ivory or sand and sea.
- New, simple flat valances were designed for the windows
- Furniture was selected utilizing the colours in the window valances and styling to reflect the comfortable and contemporary look
- A dark blue accent wall around the central window gave “punch” to the space. Two additional walls in the front hall and adjoining family rooms were also given the same dark blue treatment thereby creating a unifying consistency of colour throughout the main floor.
- The client’s chose a beautiful area rug with the same colourings to ground and give warmth to the space.
Their new space is a “wow”!!!!